- 2 x 250 g package of finely chopped frozen spinach (thawed) or 3 x bunches English spinach, finely chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 x 400 ml can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2.5 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- Mix the flour with the milk and set aside.
- Shallow fry the potatoes in oil medium high heat to take on colour, then cover the pot to allow them to cook fully. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep saucepan.
- Add the cumin and coriander and fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, stir until well combined, and allow to simmer until the volume reduces by about ¼, and squish the pieces of tomato until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the spinach, stir until well combine, and let it cook (covered) on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the milk/flour mixture and let this cook another four to five minutes.
- Add the potatoes and allow to simmer for around five minutes.
- Serve with Roti or Rice and ENJOY!
Happy cooking xx