The perfect weeknight side dish. Its delicious, versatile, and most importantly, very easy to prepare. Pair it with steak, schnitzel, or even a roast chicken from the shops. Turns an ordinary dinner into something quite special. Enjoy and happy cooking xx
800g – 1kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
600 ml thickened cream
2-3 tsp vegetable stock powder
¾ cup water
2 tbsp plain flour
Salt and white pepper to taste
MethodCreamy Potatoes Gratin
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish (approx. 22 x 32 cm)
- In a bowl, add the vegetable stock powder to the thickened cream
- Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the cream mixture, check seasoning for salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes and ensure well combined.
- Check the seasoning again.
- Place in a 180 oven for 30-40 minutes, until the top has started to caramelise.
Enjoy! Happy cooking xx