A delightful dish that is low fat and full of flavour. Enjoy!
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp minced garlic
500 mixed mushrooms, chopped (I used button, but feel free to experiment
1 beef-style stock cub (such as Massel) dissolved in 250 ml water, or 250 ml vegetable stock
1.5 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp plain flour
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and sweat the onions until soft
- Add the garlic and 2 paprikas, and cook until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook on a high heat, stirring often, for about 5 mins.
- Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil.
- At the same time dissolve the flour in the almond milk and add to the pot, bubble for 5 mins until the sauce thickens. Check seasoning for salt and pepper
- Stir through parsley
- Serve with rice, noodles or a low carb rice such as cauliflower rice