These little balls of lentil taste incredible, like middle eastern balls of delight. They are baked not fried which means they are also pretty healthy, with only a few tablespoons of fat!
I highly recommend this recipe, it was a hit with all the family.
500 g green lentils – Soaked for at least 6 hours in water
500 g (about 3 medium) Potatoes, boiled and cubed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 heaped tsp arabic 7 spice
1 bunch coriander (leaves and stems)
1 large onion
2 heaped tablespoons vegan ghee or vegan margarine
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fine breadcrumbs (slightly more if required)
1. Drain the lentils from their soaking water and pulse in a food processor with the potatoes, garlic, 7 spice, coriander and onion until very smooth.
2. Place the lentil mixture in a large boil and knead the ghee/butter through it and taste for salt and pepper.
3. Gradually add the breadcrumbs until the mixture forms a consistency that can hold its shape
4. Roll the mixture into small balls and place into a ovenproof dish
5. Place the dish in a 180 degree fan forced oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown
Serve and Enjoy!
Happy cooking xx