I love an intensely chocolatey brownie, and this one is turned into amaze-balls status by the addition of peanut butter. Its a dangerous recipe because it is so decadent! I hope you enjoy. From my family to yours, happy baking xx
225 g unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
220 g dark chocolate (crushed into small pieces)
6 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups plain flour, plus an extra 1/4 cup for
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C . Butter and flour a 12 x 12 inch sheet pan.
2. Melt together the butter, and the dark chocolate in a pot over very low heat. and allow to cool
3. In a large bowl, stir (do not beat) together the eggs, coffee granules, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the 1/2 cup of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Toss the chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of flour, then add them to the chocolate batter.
6. Pour into the prepared sheet pan. Spoon the peanut butter over the top of the chocolate mixture and using a knife, swirl it through the chocolate mixture.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking sheet against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes more or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake! Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into large squares.
Happy baking xx