Nothing thrills me more than when a recipe turns out both delicious and easy and fast to make. This prawn pasta recipe is nothing less than a taste sensation in your mouth. The Lemon lifts this dish so much and makes it fresh and vivid, there is a tiny hint of chilli, the basil of course has a summery taste about it and the prawns and cherry tomatoes are the main stars. I highly recommend trying this dish!
1 packet linguine
1 large red onion diced finely
1 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 bunch basil chopped finely
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, bruised and sliced finely
2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
500 g frozen peeled prawns
1. Start the sauce by sauteeing the red onion until beginning to soften, then add the garlic and sautee until fragrant
2. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, 3/4 of the basil and chilli flakes and sautee until combined
3. add the prawns and continue to stir as they cook, once they start turning pink, season well with salt and set aside off the heat
4. Boil the linguine in well salted water, and drain
5. Toss the pasta sauce in a pan with the pasta, and fold in the rest of the basil.
6. Serve immediately!
Enjoy 🙂 Happy cooking xx