Zesty Fish Fajitas
A great and quick addition to your seafood repertoire. Fish is seasoned with cumin, paprika and garlic and pan fried with capsicum and onion. As the vegetables and fish sautee, a tasty seasoned sauce will be created. Freshen up with a zing of lemon and some coriander – and serve wrapped in a soft tortilla with guacamole and tomato salsa. You can also add sour cream and cheese if you are not observing a vegan diet.
I serve it family style and allow the kids to each put together their own wraps – with as much filling, guac, etc as they like. This is also an easy party food if you have a casual crowd over for dinner.
hope you enjoy!
800 grams ling fillets (alternative fish can be cod, tilapia, basa, or another white fleshed strong fish)
2 tablespoons coriander chopped finely
Juice of 2 fresh limes
3-4 fresh garlic cloves, crushed with a little salt
1 tablespoon paprika
3/4 tablespoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 red capsicum, sliced
2 green capsicum, sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
1. Put the fish, 2 garlic cloves, and half the cumin and paprika in a bowl and marinate around 20 minutes (if you are in a hurry 5 minutes will do)
2. In a deep, wide saucepan sautee the capsicum and onion with the remaining garlic and spices until starting to soften
3. Add the fish into the pan and mix until cooked
4. Zest the fajitas with the lime juice and add the coriander
5. Prepare the guacamole using my Perfect Guacamole recipe. Prepare the Salsa (or use store bought)
6. Serve with warm tortillas family style, and allow each person to pick their own fillings
7. Sour cream tastes good too if you are not observing a non dairy diet.
Happy cooking x