1.5 cups white quinoa
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp vegetable stock powder
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion , diced finely
1 red pepper, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
2.5 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 x 420g can kidney beans
1x 420g can corn
1 handful shredded vegan cheddar (optional)
1/2 bunch finely chopped coriander
1. Start by cooking the quinoa. Place 1 tbsp oil in a pot, followed by the quinoa and 2 1/4 cups of water and the vegetable stock powder. Leave to boil and then most of the moisture has been absorbed, cover and reduce the temperature to low until the quinoa is fluffy and cooked. Remove from heat.
2. Heat the rest of the oil in a deep, wide saucepan and saute the onions and red pepper until starting to soften
3. add the garlic and spices and saute for 2-3 minutes
4. add the drained cans of beans and corn and mix well to combine.
5. add the quinoa back into the saucepan and mix well to coat with all the ingredients.
6. Taste for salt and pepper
7. Add in the optional vegan cheese and stir until melted
8. toss in the coriander just before serving.
Enjoy and happy cooking xx