When you buy a lovely bunch of bananas, there are always a few at the end that get overripe. For me, the baking stars align when you have a fruit bowl full of over ripe bananas and a desire to bake something! After trying several banana bread recipes over the years and going through the one that was too soft, too hard, not banana-y enough, Goldilocks has finally found the perfect recipe.
This recipe turns out EXACTLY like the ones from the cafe’s, with the added bonus that it’s the easiest possible cake recipe i have ever used. You don’t need to cream and fluff anything separately, all the ingredients are plopped into the bowl of your favourite mixer and away we go! A friend of mine who is not a baker at all regularly makes this banana bread for her family so this recipe is definitely appropriate for beginner bakers!
ENjoy and happy baking all xx
125 g butter, room temperature, cubed
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
1.5 cups mashed banana (about 3)
1.5 cups self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tbspn milk
1. pre heat the oven to 180 degrees non fan forced
2. Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer
3. Mix on medium speed until the colour of the batter changes
4. in the meantime oil and flour a loaf pan (approx 20-25 cm in length)
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and place in the middle of the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Turn out and Cool on a wire rack before cutting for best results